The Northeast gets hit with some pretty intense weather systems. Winter snowfalls and brutal storms have recently left many communities in the region looking for better exterior building materials. Whether you’re renovating, repairing, or building, here are some of the most durable and maintenance-free materials for year-round protection from the elements. Ask Top Quality Contractors about siding and roofing materials that will work well for your home.
1. Slate. While expensive, slate offers some of the most durable properties, giving it a lifespan of 75 years or longer. Slate is generally dark gray with some color irregularity. It’s heavy, requires a reinforced roof, and works best on steeply sloped roofs, but it’ll give your roof a very strong protective barrier.
2. Metal. Metal roofs can last up to 50 years, and the steel variety is relatively inexpensive to install. They absorb less heat than asphalt roofs and have great wind and fire resistance. Consider installing metal roofs on rustic or farmhouse-style homes.
3. Plastic polymer. A recently popular roofing material, synthetic roofing offers good fire and wind protection and can last for well over 50 years, making it a very durable and cost-effective choice for homes today. It’s typically available in styles that mimic wooden roofing or slate.
1. Brick. Brick is very weather resistant and has a lifespan of more than 100 years. It’s also a low-maintenance material and very classic looking on a variety of home designs. Available in many colors and patterns, brick is expensive, but may be the only siding you every need to install.
2. Stone or slate. Another strong material that is easy to care for, slate and stone siding can also last for more than a century. With several different styles and colors to choose from, try adding a stone or slate accent to your home for added protection in the windiest spots.
3. Fiber cement. This strong composite material can last for up to 50 years and isn’t as high maintenance as wooden sidings. The strong material can be painted any color and is easily installed.
Every home’s needs are a little different, based on style, performance, and location. Contact the experts at Top Quality Contractors . to learn more about installing, repairing, or replacing a roof or siding for your home.